Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Show and Tell: New Bags

Most of the time when I am sewing purses to stock my booth at the local store called Country Treasures, I go about choosing fabrics somewhat haphazardly--I have a handful of designs that sell well, but I don't want to limit myself to just those, because then the booth looks boring; so I try to find new fabrics that I think will have broad appeal.  Sometimes they sell immediately (like the single Halloween purse I managed to make this year!) and sometimes they sit, and sit, for months before the right person comes along to claim them.  Sometimes that person is me!



I like it when I get a special order for a purse (even if the order is unusual, like the solid black bag and  solid brown bag I've shown you before) because I know it will will go straight to its new home and will make someone happy.

I know the holidays are approaching, because I recently got an order for this bag:

Red and green and holly--this purse's owner will bring the holiday spirit with her everywhere she goes! 


This customer also ordered a bag as a gift for her daughter, a school teacher.  This is the front:

 and this is the back.  I love the graphics on these bright fabrics.  The cursive writing fabric, near the bottom on the front, and at the top of the back pocket, was an unexpected gift from my awesome friend Susan (aka, The Sloppy Sewer).  It works so perfectly with the theme of this bag.  Thanks, Susan!!

I love the fun print on the home dec fabric I used for the lining.  Yes, that's a pocket on the inside, too.

Debbie, I hope you and your daughter love your new bags!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh these are soooo nice, leslie!
i didn't think halloween could be this fashionable, but you make it so. and, yes, that Christmas bag is a stunner.
it's SO FUN to see the FQ of the writing that i sent to you become part of such a wonderful bag. the other teachers in the faculty room will scream.

any chance you can show us some pics of your Country Treasures booth? Just curious!

Leslie Andersen said...

Thanks for your great comments, Susan! If you click on the words "Country Treasures" above, you will go to the post I did earlier this year, showing off my little booth in that store.